Monday, December 19, 2011

Zombie Love

I am a fan of zombie movies and TV programs: "The Walking Dead," (AMC), "Shaun of the Dead," "28 Days Later," "Zombie Apocalypse," "Dawn of the Dead," "Return of the Living Dead" and countless others.

Imagine my surprise when a student in one of my writing classes said that he had done maintenance at an Army facility that housed real-live zombies! He was very serious (and seemed to be in his right mind).

He told me, "Go to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's website and see for yourself. They have information about zombie attacks."

Well, I did, and you can, too. http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp.

Likewise, while driving through Vegas one afternoon, I spotted a truck with an official-looking decal that read--"Zombie Response Team."

Surely, zombies do not exist. What do you think?

Photo courtesy yaymicro.com

No comments: