Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Entering the Blogsphere

Well, here I am a wayfarer in the Blogsphere, a place I hesitated to enter for fear of not being able to handle the technospeak and technicalities of blogging.

But, thanks to encouragement and support from Cathe Jones, founder and enforcer of Quill Keepers, Las Vegas, a writing group/resource for women writers in Vegas, my granddaughers--Amour, former blogger and aspiring actress and Evie, a medic serving in Iraq--and fellow writers Erika Washington and JoAnna Haugen, here I am--excited and hopeful that my words and experiences will reach those--writers or otherwise, striving to find a place and a voice in America.

I make no claims to profundity or wittiness, just hope to add to thoughtful discourse about many issues that affect all of us--young or old, immigrant or citizen, male or female, rich or poor, celebrity or commonfolk, homeless or helpless...I invite you to check back and add your comments. Until next time...hold fast to your dreams!

6 comments:

. said...

Greetings, Wista -
I'm so happy to see you sharing your wordwisdom AND stepping fearlessly into the "techosphere". It's good to hear your voice again.
Peace,
Qaadira Allen

The Fabric Twinz said...

Hi Grandma, I love your blog I can't wait for you to put up more posts.
I love you,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis, I love reading the thoughts in your head! I miss you and can't wait to get to Vegas to see you...Have fun in blogland!

Jackie

Unknown said...

I'm so excited it's Finally up and thanks for the shoutout.The look and title are perfect. I can't wait for more your number 1 fan :)

Pchez23 said...

Hey Mama,

I look forward to your wisdom, humor and savvy advice. Welcome to the blogsphere and get ready to take over the internet.

I love you,

Peaches

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. You are a great writer and I can't wait to read what's on your mind. I know what you have to say will be very interesting and entertaining. I look forward to this wonderful blog. Love you much